- Primary competencies of JS developers
- 1. Developing software products from scratch
- 2. Adding new user-facing features to existing apps, WPAs, and websites
- 3. Building MVPs and prototypes
- 4. Ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- 5. Optimizing application performance and scalability
- 6. Writing functional guidelines and documentation
- Debugging. Pinpointing bugs is essential to ensure that code flaws don’t jeopardize the functionality and performance of the entire system. A JS developer is not required to run complex integration or end-to-end tests; however, a professional should be familiar with debugging software, capable of reporting detected issues, and able to test his code.
- Automated testing. Running unit tests manually is cost-inefficient and takes a lot of time. That’s why small-scale testing activities are normally automated. A professional JS developer should know how to decide if a test should be automated or run manually. He also should write a script for automated testing and document the testing process in a clear and concise way.
Primary competencies of JS developers
To know how to hire JavasSript developers, a business owner should understand which responsibilities this job usually covers. Here are the competencies for JS developers you can list in a job opening and expect the candidates to be familiar with.
1. Developing software products from scratch
Despite JS developers being highly involved in developing web applications, designing desktop and mobile software from scratch is one of their job responsibilities as well.
2. Adding new user-facing features to existing apps, WPAs, and websites
- Replacing the default font size with a different one
- Changing the page format from a window to a sheet or a different view
- Ensuring the proper interaction of front-end components with the back-end one
3. Building MVPs and prototypes
4. Ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
5. Optimizing application performance and scalability
6. Writing functional guidelines and documentation
Documenting the development process will come in handy during maintenance when adding new features or scaling the project.
- North America — $80-100/hour
- South America — $30-50/hour
- Asia — $18-40/hour
- Africa — $20-40/hour
- Western Europe — $60-80/hour
- Eastern Europe — $30-50/hour
Out of the main Eastern European markets, choosing a software company from Ukraine is a reasonable choice. The country is considerably cheaper than other Eastern European regions, has one of the lowest tax return policies, and facilitated travel conditions.
- Examine a candidate’s portfolio. Working experience is crucial when it comes to hiring JS developers. Other than asking a candidate or development team about their experience in a face-to-face interview, ask all prospective developers to attach a GitHub link to the cover letter. The number of projects hosted on the platform as well as that of followers, will give a better idea of a candidate’s proficiency than an easy-to-forge CV.
As long as a business owner has outlined his expectations regarding future collaboration and familiarized himself with the market, he will not be challenged to choose the right software development company Ukraine has to offer.
To onboard professional JS developers for small- and large-scale projects, reach out to ELITEX. You can work with an experienced development team on a project or dedicated team basis. We use ES6, React, and Angular to help businesses build websites, web applications, as well as mobile apps.
To discuss your project, leave us a message — we’ll get in touch with you right away.
Let’s talk about your project
Drop us a line! We would love to hear from you.